Forensic Awareness Course (3 Days)
A three day course designed for everyone who potentially comes into contact with forensic material. It teaches the importance of the forensic evidence chain, the avoidance of contamination and how to gather and record forensic evidence safely and effectively. It is both classroom and outdoor practical based. Assessment will be by oral and practical testing.
- Introduction to forensic science.
- Forensic evidence. What is “Evidence”
- The importance of transparent forensic evidence in the criminal justice system
- Contamination and the prevention of cross contamination
- PM - Practical packaging exercise
- Continuity of evidence
- Searching Patterns
- Recording of scenes
- PM – Practical exercise Packaging, searching and recording of scenes
- Recap and written exam – 1 hour
- Practical assessments remainder of day