Introduction To Mortuary Science (CPD)
Work with experienced crime scene officers and anatomical pathology technicians on this two day CPD course to develop skills and learning approaches within mortuary science. You will develop a sound understanding of the science involved within a mortuary from a medico legal and a forensic perspective.
CANCELLED for the 3rd and 4th June 2017
If you would like to pay for this course in three equal instalments of £82 (admin fee is included) please click here and create a payment schedule which will be taken over three simple payments If you want to pay by Direct Debit do NOT add this item to your cart. Click this link and you will receive order confirmation separately rather than through this shop. All payments are made through our partner Go Cardless and are safe with full encryption. This method of payment has now closed for this course and is not available.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify the legal documentation required in a mortuary
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of staff involved in the post-mortem and investigative process
- Conduct the daily requirements to successfully maintain a mortuary department and the associated procedures
- Explain the importance of health and safety considerations relating to potential infection and disease
- Identify the difference between hospital, coronal and medico-legal (Forensic) post-mortem examinations and the varying techniques used
- Differentiate between different types of ‘Body indicator’s’ and the associated pathology found at post-mortem
- Explain what the Human Tissue Authority is and the statutory laws that apply from its introduction
- Explain the process applied to conduct a full post-mortem examination, detailing the evisceration, dissection and reconstruction process’s
- Identify the role of the funeral director in the embalming process
- Walk away with your very own scrubs
You MUST be 18 or over to attend this course. No exceptions.
Before doing this course I applied EVERYWHERE for a mortuary assistant position / trainee APT position too.. But was getting nowhere!. Ever since I did the course, I have used the knowledge I learnt and put it into my own words in my applications. Also since I completed the mortuary science course I have had two fantastic interviews, I knew what I was talking about and I felt confident in the knowledge from what Gary and Gareth taught me. Only to find out I actually got the job! I will honestly say, doing the course has raised my success on being asked to attend an interview, then the rest is up to you! I am now waiting to start my dream job as a mortuary assistant at a hospital!. And I know that I have made some life long friends along the way, and will be there on the other end of the phone if I need any help. Thank you both so much.
Point to note Kelly is now one of our success stories and is employed as a Trainee APT. Congratulations Kelly!