Forensic Photography Awareness Course (1 Day)
UPDATED - 28th January, at Staffordshire University.
Get the most out of your camera and learn to take better images with this One Day Forensic Photography Course.
You’ll learn from a professional forensic photographer how to use your DSLR camera’s manual settings to achieve better photographs in forensic photography settings.
You’ll receive advice on how to use aperture, shutter speed, exposure control, ISO and white balance, to help you take stunning images that are suitable for use in courts of law. Test out your new skills with expert tuition in this creative, hands-on, and practical course.
- One full day with a professional forensic photographer
- Advice on aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance and exposure control
- The chance to test your new skills with expert tuition
- Advice on post production within forensic photography
- Special package included - Mortuary Photography
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre at the allocated time, you will be welcomed by your professional photographer. This one day photography course will provide you with practical and creative skills to help you get the most from your DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera.
The day features several workshops in
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a forensic photographer,
- Identify the scene,
- Use of exposure, light and aperture in crime scene photography,
- Depth of field,
- Manage the workflow of a scene,
- Mortuary Photography,
- Injury Photography,
- Macro photography,
- Manipulation of images - what is and is not allowed.
Please remember to bring your camera with you. Any size or make of camera is suitable although DSLR cameras are preferred.