Teachers CPD 2 day Course
Work with experienced crime scene officers and forensic scientists to develop skills and learning approaches using forensics as a contemporary, motivating context over two days.
You will be able to find out what opportunities and careers are available within Forensic Science, and there are far more than you may realise.
- Wed 25/Thu 26 Jan 2016
- Westholme Mossley Freemasons Hall Ltd, Stockport Rd, Mossley, Ashton-under-Lyne OL5 0RS
This is a unique opportunity for science teachers to work with highly experienced crime scene officers and forensic scientists to develop skills by examining scenes based on real crimes.
Though the use of reconstructions, presentations, and practical exercises, you will work as part of a team of Crime Scene Investigators (CSIs) and apply your learning to develop lesson activities. Using forensics as a motivating context you can be confident that your experience will accurately reflect the work of professionals.
The course is aimed to give staff the basic knowledge in techniques and skills used in a forensic science industry.
We have found teachers, through no fault of their own, often have no experience to fall back on within this industry so we are trying to help up skill and inspire teachers as well as students through those staff members and their new found confidence and skills.
As well as teachers, technicians who support forensics will find this course useful.
Proforma invoices are available.to qualifying establishments and authorities.
Reasons to attend:
- Meet those in the industry
- See where employment opportunities exist/or not
- Discover the skills Forensic Science education brings to Maths, English, and so many other areas.....
You will be able to:
- explain how crime scene investigators and forensic scientists apply science in real situations
- develop learning approaches using forensics as a contemporary, motivating context
- pilot and evaluate resulting changes in practice